- “Yelp Reviews of 1988” in Barrelhouse
- “Fifteen Letters to the 56th Best Rock Song of All Time” in Split Lip Magazine
- “Where the River Is Shaped Like Words and the Words Are Shaped Like Blades” in The Collagist
- “Liner Notes for the Debut Album from the Band We Never Formed” in Brevity
- “Boomshakalaka” at Cartridge Lit
- “Ode to the Last of the Self-Driving Cars” at Five:2:One
- My first published fiction: “Nonessential Organ” at monkeybicycle.
Reviews, interviews, and other stuff
- My review of Donna Vorreyer’s micro-chapbook The Girl at Glass
My profile at the National Endowment for the Arts site, along with the other 2017 Poetry Fellows.
- Janeen Rastall’s generous review of Ha Ha Ha Thump for the Agape Editions blog.
- Robert Lee Brewer interviewed me for the Poetic Asides blog.
- Three stories about my NEA fellowship: one in the GVSU student paper, one from cultured.gr & MLive, and one from GVSU.
- Donna Vorreyer reviews A Map of the Farm Three Miles from the End of Happy Hollow Road for The Rumpus.
- The esteemed Dean Rader reviews The Insomniac Circus for The Kenyon Review.
- An interview with the Sundress blog about my book.
- An interview at Up the Staircase Quarterly about Ha Ha Ha Thump.
- My first review is in! James H. Duncan has reviewed The Insomniac Circus for Hobo Camp Review: “Throughout these poems the circus denizens search for love, even lie for it, get mixed up in drugs, throw punches, suffer emotional breakdowns, and strive for redemptive comebacks.”
- I reviewed Brian Clements’ A Book of Common Rituals (Quale Press) for the Horse Less Press website.
- The poet W. Todd Kaneko and I interviewed each for Menacing Hedge about his new book and my chapbook.
- At the Sundress blog, I write about re-reading Laura Kasischke’s Space, in Chains.
- Another interview about my chapbook. This one’s posted at Speaking of Marvels, and you can find out which poem in the collection came first.
- “Sometimes the Title Comes First”: I was interviewed about my new chapbook by Laura Madeline Wiseman as part of her chapbook interview series.
- Two recent blog post-y, essay-y things I’ve written for Sundress Publications: One on humor in poetry and one on where all the political poets are these days (spoiler: all over!).
- I adapted my AWP presentation into an article, and Poets’ Quarterly published it. It’s called “The Art of Difficulty: Helping Students Approach Poetry with Confidence.”
- I wrote about gum and poetry and metaphors for NPM Daily.
- At the Hayden’s Ferry Review blog, I write about place and poetry and growing up on Happy Hollow Road.
- The good folks at The Collagist interviewed me about games, poems, D&D, and junior high.
- I wrote this thing about Davy Rothbart for Essay Daily.
- Two things at The Cincinnati Review blog: I talk about my poem “She Blinded Me With Nanotechnology” and Lisa Summe generously says nice things about the poem.
- I interviewed poet Laura Madeline Wiseman for Menacing Hedge.